Sunday, October 18, 2009

Jessica's Baby Shower





For those of you who don't know, one of my best friends, Jessica, is also pregnant! She's about 8 weeks ahead of me and is expecting a little boy:) Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending her baby shower. We live two hours apart, and the fact that we don't get to really experience being pregnant together is a bummer, so this trip was nice to catch up. We made sure to get together the night before the shower to get some one-on-one time.

For the shower, I made a diaper cake. I've been wanting to make one for the longest time! For those of you who don't know, a diaper cake is NOT a diaper shaped cake, but rather a tiered cake made of diapers. Just thought I'd clear that up since I had to explain it to Chris:)

It's funny to see how differently Jessica and I are carrying our babies. She is carrying him low, and I'm really high. This lead to the unanimous conclusion among the women at the shower that I am having a girl?? I certainly don't believe in all those old wives tales, but my mom said that my sister and I we both really high and my brother was practically between her legs. So, we'll just have to see:)

No comments:

Post a Comment